[Last Updated on April 10, 2018]
Customer Check allows registered users, including their agents and assigns, to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, videos, tips, and more. Playing nice isn’t brain surgery, but just in case, we’ve put together these general guidelines. Please also read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery are fine, but there's no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group.
- Promotional content: We generally frown upon promotional content. Let's keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren't the place for rants about a customer’s political or religious ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don't address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other members’private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission. Unless you have chosen to expose your business information, Customer Check will never publicize your information to any other registered member. We allow you to remain anonymous to the other members to protect you from exposing your data to potential competitors.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe content from other sites or users. You’re a smart cookie, so write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos, please!
- Demanding payment: You should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business, regardless of the circumstances.